WARNING

You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Close [x]

Call Us Today

845-338-3300
m

Exclusive Offer

RSS Feed

Posted on 06-21-2017

Just a quick reminder that poinsettias and mistletoe are toxic if ingested. While most pets will leave them untouched, some will munch them right down to the stem! The most common toxic effect is gastrointestinal irritation, resulting in vomiting and diarrhoea. However, large amounts can be fatal.

It's kind of ironic that plants that represent beauty and romance can be so poisonous, no? Did you know that a homeopathic form of mistletoe is commonly used in the treatment of cancer? There is a very interesting truth I learned in vet school, "the only difference between a drug and a poison is dose." Think about that one for a while!

In the meantime, choose the placement of all your holiday decorations with care. Pet-Proof your seasonal decor and have a wonderful season with all the joy it is intended to bring. And if you do hang some mistletoe be sure to give all your four legged loved ones a big kiss from me!

There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.

Post Comment

Featured Services

Services
We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Make An Appointment
We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today!
Online Forms
Our patient forms are available online so they can be completed in the convenience of your own home or office.